We at CarRentalsBulgaria collect, store and process information when using our car rental service. The information we collect is about physical identity (names, LV / Passport number, date of validity, country of birth, date of birth, full and exact address, contact telephone, e-mail). Driving license data and partial data on cr. card with which / if a deposit is made to use our services. Processing is necessary for the performance of contractual obligations under which the data subject is a party, as well as for pre-contract activities. The need for collecting personal information is also due to the fact that, in certain circumstances, public authorities have a legitimate ground to require personal identification information.
The personal information provided by you when using our website and subscribing to services – names, date of birth, e-mail. Providing this information is voluntary, but some of our services are not available if you do not provide this information.
Combined data. This data is generated by our system while tracking website traffic. This information does not identify you and is not related in any way to the personal information you may have provided.
We provide personal data to third parties only after obtaining the written consent of the person to whom the data relate.
Without the consent of the individual, we can provide the person’s personal data in cases where we are obliged to provide information to government authorities that have a legitimate reason to request such information.
We do not share aggregated data with third parties, such as advertisers and business partners.
What do we use your personal information for?
We collect information that helps us offer you the best possible personalized service as well as the information we are legally obliged to do under Bulgarian law.
Your personal information may be stored and processed for the following purposes:
To book a car – in an office, by phone or online.
In order to provide you with the “rent-a-car” service, when signing a rental agreement.
To process the transactions you can make in connection with renting a car.
In cases where we are obliged to provide information to state institutions.
In order to offer you the information best suited to you and your interests.
To carry out marketing campaigns, promotions and market research.
Term of storage of personal data
The period in which we store your personal information provided by you is 2 years. After the expiration of this period, the information is automatically deleted from our database.
Right of access to information
Each of our clients has the right at any time of processing to request information about the collected and processed personal data, as well as to request the blocking or destruction (deletion) of personal data collected for it. Deleting personal data can be done by filling in a form. If deletion conflicts with legal or contractual storage obligations or other legitimate reasons, instead of deletion, only data blocking will be performed, with a motivated refusal being sent to the Customer. For more information, please contact us at office@CarRentalsBulgaria.com.
We guarantee that the personal data you provide is stored on a server that is protected from any hacking attacks. We assure you that any activity we carry out that relates to your personal data is done by following the Personal Data Protection Act (EU) 2016/679 and the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) in the Republic of Bulgaria.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are sent to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website and are stored on it. Cookies are stored in your browser’s file directory. The next time you visit the same site, the browser reads cookies and transmits the information to the website or element that originally set cookies, so you do not have to re-enter your preferences to browse the site. Cookies can not be replicated as a code or used to distribute viruses and can not be accessed through your hardware (hard drive) by using them. To learn more about these technologies and how they work, please visit, for example, www.allaboutcookies.org.
These cookies are essential to the functioning of our website and are key to making it easier for you to work with it. You can navigate without interruptions, as your chosen language and country will be remembered, and verification of certain parts of the domain will be retained. These cookies also keep products of potential interest when you are redirected to an operator site for a possible purchase.
To improve the site
These cookies allow us to improve the website by collecting information on how it is used. We analyze data to determine, for example, the number of unique users reading an article (to know which materials are popular). We also are interested in where our content is accessed, so we know how to organize your site for optimal user convenience. We count clicks on “Like” and “Tweet” and track what content from our sites has been shared or used as a reference.
These cookies help us make the content as customizable as possible, such as displaying target banners or appropriate recommendations. We investigate what type of referral has been used to reach our site, such as an email campaign or link from a referral site, so we can calculate the performance of your promotions and ad campaigns. In the future, we may extend our promotion to joint promotions with others and allow them to place cookies on our website.
Our website may also include elements that set cookies on behalf of a third party, e.g. Facebook “Like” button or “Twitter”, “Tweet” button.
How can I manage cookies?
You can view the available cookie management options in your browser. The browser can be used to manage cookies associated with basic features, site improvement, customization, and advertising. Different browsers use different ways to disable cookies, but they are usually found in the Tools or Options menu. You can also browse the browser help menu. In addition to managing cookies, browsers usually allow you to control cookie-like files, such as Local Shared Objects, by enabling your browser’s privacy mode.
CarRentalsBulgaria uses third-party ad cookies to promote its products to other websites. You may choose not to receive certain third-party ad cookies through third-party cookie management sites such as AppNexus, Audience Science, DoubleClick, AdTech, AdOcean, Atlas, Criteo, Facebook, Google Analytics and Adobe Flash. Deactivating cookies may prevent you from using certain areas on the site.
How long do we keep the information?
This depends on the type of cookies. Session cookie expires when you close the browser. Permanent cookies, including Local Shared Objects (Flash cookies), generally have a validity of two months to several years.
We recommend that you periodically review this policy again for changes.
If you have additional questions, please contact us by writing to:
These are our general rental conditions. Clear, easy and without surprises.
If you have any doubts about them, please contact us by phone (00359 897 86 15 81) or write us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.We will be happy to assist you.
Clear, All-inclusive rates
No surprises. When you book with Car Rentals Bulgaria, you know what you’ll pay. Our rates include:
— All Local taxes: VAT , Vignette
— Unlimited mileage for rentals more than 3 days
— Basic CDW*
— Free Cancellation Policy
— Free additional drivers
All bookings by their nature are considered to be non-refundable.
Guaranteed car category
When you make your booking, you have to state the category of the car you wish to rent. Our team will do their best to provide you with the required car. If it is not available, we guarantee that you will get a higher category car at the same price.
Free airport delivery Sofia, Varna and Burgas
The service to the airport is free. At all our destinations we have either a desk at the Airport or one of the staff members will wait for you at the meeting point
Out of hours delivery
– If the vehicle is rented or returned in non working hours, an additional fee of 20.00 € applies. Working hours: Monday – Sunday 08:00h – 20:00h.
Drivers and additional drivers regulation
– The renting person is considered to be the driver of the vehicle.
– All additional drivers are free of charge
– The renter can also appoint a different person to be the driver of the vehicle
– A company driver can be arranged at an additional rate of EURO 20.00 per day (8 hours)
– Minimal rental period is 24 hours.
– If the vehicle is returned after the end of the period without notice in advance, the Renter will be charged as follow:
— until 1 hour – free of charge;
— 1-4 hours – rate for half day;
— 4 hours and more – rate for a whole day.
Driving license requirements
The driver must be in possession of a valid driving license that allows him also to drive in the E.U. The driver must have held his driving license for at least two years. All drivers have to be at least 23 years of age.
– Customer will have to return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel.
– The vehicle is rented with a full tank of fuel. Fuel consumption is payable by the Renter. In case the car is returned with less fuel than rented the Renter must pay for the missing fuel and an additional fee of 10 €.
Payment by credit card upon pick up
– The rental price shall be payable at the signing of the contract in cash, by bank transfer or by credit card – VISA, EURO/MasterCard, Borica
– Payment can be made by credit card at the time of pick up. The owner of the credit card must be present upon collection. When making the online reservation the customer has to provide us with all the necessary details otherwise the reservation will not be admitted.
– If you make your booking through our Internet form, a “Secure Transmission”, or secure server will be used.
Remember, your rental is only for Bulgaria
– Our vehicles may not be taken abroad.
Pick up and Drop off
-The drop off place can be different than the pick up place. If the drop of place is in another city than additional fee will apply.
Guarantee of privacy and security of your data
– Car Rentals Bulgaria respects the customer’s privacy and does not sell or rent any confidential information to third parties. All the data is encrypted
Deposit and Insurance
– Deposit is required for all rentals.
– At the signing the contract, as a warranty, the customer shall deposit an amount, stated in the tariff. The deposit shall be released upon returning the car, after it has been checked for the damages.
– Please note: In case of damage or theft of the vehicle the Renter is obligated to provide all needed documents/protocols from the Police authorities. Otherwise the Renter is liable for the full amount of the respective damages or the full insurance amount in case of total loss or theft. The renter is fully liable for partial theft, loss of parts, accessories.
The normal insurance does not cover the following:
– Flat tires
– Damage to third parties due to negligence or reckless driving.
– Damage caused to the vehicle due to negligence or reckless driving.
– Inadequate refuelling.
– Damage to tires and wheels.
– Loss of documents or damage of car keys or remote locks. Depending on the type of vehicle the charge ranges between € 50 and € 150
– Damage to the lock, upholstery and rear shelf.
– Damage or loss of the child seats or booster seats.
– Damage or loss of ariels, car jack, security triangles, wiper-blades.
– Damage to the engine due to negligence.
– Damage to the vehicle’s underside (housing, bodywork, etc.)
– Driving under the effects of the alcohol, drugs etc.
— *Basic CDW(Collision Damage Waiver) – (Also known as Damage Waiver DW , Loss Damage Waiver LDW and Excess Insurance)
Covers the costs of damage to the rental vehicle in the event of an accident. The collision damage waiver protects you in the event that you damage an automobile that you have rented. It protects you by transferring the responsibility for the cost of the damage from you to the car rental company.
Our Basic CDW limits renter liability to €500
(For example: You’ve rented a car and You’re involved in an accident that causes 2000 € worth of damage to your hire car. In this case, you’d have to pay only 500 € – even if the accident wasn’t your fault.)
— Super CDW(Collision Damage Waiver) – The insurance is optional and it is not included in price. limits renter liability to € 0!
(For example: You’ve rented a car and You’re involved in an accident that causes €2000 worth of damage to your hire car. In this case, you’d have to pay only € 0 – even if the accident wasn’t your fault.)
— TP (Theft Protection Coverage) – The insurance is optional and it is not included in price. limits renter liability to € 0!
(Also known as Theft Waiver (TW) and Theft Protection TP)
TPC does not cover stolen personal contents. TPC will not be covered if the theft occurred because of your negligence (e.g. left in ignition).
–AI (Additional Insurance) – The insurance is optional and it is not included in price. limits renter liability to € 0!
(For example: You’ve rented a car and you have incident with glasses, mirrors, wheels or with one of the *tires. In this situation limits renter liability is € 0!
*The insurance cover up to 1 (one) tire per rental period.
— Super Cover (The insurance includes – Super CDW, TP и AI) – The insurance is optional and it is not included in price.
All car reservations have the option to include Super CDW(Collision Damage Waiver). In case of damage to more than one detail, the LESSEE is obliged to call CarRentalsBulgaria to specify the procedure for the establishment of damages. Upon failure to claim damages, the LESSOR reserves the right to withhold 150 leva for each subsequent damaged item after the first.